Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lemon Dill Tofu with Feta & Veggies - Recipe

Soo I haven't posted in a while, the reason being I was moving from Banff back to Vancouver. Since the return to the West coast, I have been spending lots of time dining around town at restaurants and breakfast joints and haven't been cooking a whole lot. Tonight, I decided to whip up a little dinner with the few groceries I have purchased. What to do with some tofu, serious veg, herbs, and feta cheese? Get funky and figure somethin' out, I say...

Chop as much firm tofu as you please into lil' cubes
Marinade with a solid squeeze of honey for an hour or more
Pour the honey-glazed tofu into a hot pan where 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil is already heated
Let those suckers crisp a bit and add chopped...
Red pepper
Red onion
Cucumber (I know, riiiight!)

aand last but not least
a smidgeon of grated ginger, for something fun
...throw in a hefty dash of dill too, and squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the mix as well

Once all the ingredients in the pan are cooked up and mixed well, pour that business into a bowl
Top it off with crumbled feta and enjoy hot or cold. Tastyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment