For real, I honestly just got crafty with this one. I was craving something sweet and chocolatey after dinner, so I gathered ingredients that could potentially create this dessert that I sought. And so were born, the Cocoa Matcha Banana Chews:
Preheat the oven to 275, before all else
In a big bowl, throw in...
- 1 cup of flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of matcha powder (I used Jasmine matcha and they were DELICIOUS!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup of agave syrup (many vegans do not eat honey, but you can use honey here instead if you so desire)
- half a mashed banana (browning ones are fine! use 'em up!)
....Mix up all this business and then dollop them onto parchment paper (that's been sprayed with some olive oil spray/cooking spray)
Bake those up for a good 12 mins. Remember! You don't want them to be crispy, if they are crispy you've overcooked them and they won't be yummy and chewy. After cooling, they should stay intact; not total mush/not hard as a rock.
For fun garnish and taste, dip the tops of the chews onto a plate of granola (whatever your fave one is!) and use the other half of the banana you mashed earlier on, and chop pieces to press into the top of the chews.