Summertime. Many words come to mind when I think of summertime.....
sunshine, margaritas, good friends, BBQ... etc etc
When you're in charge of the salad for BBQ, here's a super healthy, protein-packed, fresh and delicious recipe you can make to impress your friends and family. Or just to enjoy on your own in a park on a sunny day, wearing your shades, with the company of a great summer read. Whatever goes, this salad is super fresh and I hope you like it as much as I do!
- chopped broccoli, LOTS!
- half a handful or so of thinly sliced red onion
- 3 chopped dates
- 1/4 chopped yellow pepper
- a handful of chickpeas (for protein)
- some already-cooked mixed grain rice (good opportunity to use leftovers!)
For dressing...use a fork and mix up...
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Vegannaise
- 2 tablespoon of Organic plain yogurt (Olympia makes some awesome fat-free yogurt!)
- lotsa dill
- juice of half a lemon
- dash of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Amano Genmai Miso for seasoning
Pour dressing over salad, mix well :)