Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vegetarian Shopping List + Menu

Sometimes, it's difficult for some people to know where to begin when switching to a vegetarian lifestyle. Initial grocery shopping can be difficult for the converted veggie as well, so I just thought I should share some of the staples that I like to keep around, in the fridge, freezer and cupboard...

Cupboard

- Garbanzo beans/chickpeas (they're the same thing... and have lotsa proteeeein!)
- Black beans (proteeein!)
- Pitted dates (fibreeee!)
- Unsalted tortilla chips (Que Pasa is my fave)
- Cumin
- Oregano
- Curry powder
- Wasabi powder
- Rosemary
- Cayenne
- Dill
- Balsamic Glaze (Blaze is the good stuff)
- Gnocchi pasta
- Cocoa powder
- Agave
- Bananas
- Avocado (healthy fats!)
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil

Fridge

- Soymilk
- Fat-Free Organic Yogurt (I looove Olympia!)
- Firm Tofu (proteeein!)
- Lemon
- Mushrooms
- Peppers
- Red Onion
- Cucumber
- Broccoli
- Garlic
- Ginger
- Apples
- Organic coleslaw-style greens, or mixed greens
- basic Marinara Sauce (with which you can mix herbs, garlic and spices to your taste!)
- Miso
- Udon Noodles
- Unsalted, Unsweetened, All-Natural Peanut Butter (I keep it in the fridge once I stir it because I find it becomes quite soft)
- Feta cheese

Freezer

- Frozen Fruit (mixed berries)
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen shelled Edamame (proteeein!)
- Whole grain tortilla wraps or pita bread

No comments:

Post a Comment