Thursday, March 31, 2011

Edamame Wasabi Hummus - Recipe

  

I'm sort of obsessed with hummus. For several years, I have been experimenting with variations on this classic; spinach feta, roasted eggplant, sundried tomato...the list goes on. Point is, I love this stuff, and when I discovered edamame hummus, from that day onwards, I could never get enough. Or so I thought....Until I discovered wasabi powder... Amazing.
Here it goes!

All you gotta do, is put all these ingredients and spices into a food processor and blend the bejeezus out of 'em.
- 1 cup of frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp wasabi powder (an amazing ingredient to have around!)
- 1 tsp oregano
- the juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- dollop of sour cream
- optional sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a kick

All that stuff, into the food processor, and out comes yummy hummus! 
Warning: addictive

No comments:

Post a Comment