Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spicy Ginger Pad Thai - Recipe


I could eat Pad Thai for the rest of my life, and be stoked every time. This love affair began when I visited Thailand a few years ago with my family. We ate the most amazing, fresh, exotic food I've ever consumed, and I have several memorable meals from that trip. Buuut, for the purpose of personal flair and taste, I've created a variation that suits my personal taste and flair :) This recipe is not necessarily intended as a Pad Thai dish; it could be considered moreso Pad Thai's distant relative. You get the point, now let's get to it!

- rip some broccoli into bite sized chunks
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- a bit of grated ginger (amaazing)
- small cubes of extra firm tofu
- palmful of red onion, chopped
- a clove of garlic, chopped or minced

Throw all the above ingredients into a frying pan with a lil puddle of olive oil, let it go crazy and cook on medium heat

Meanwhile, gotta be boilin' some H2O, in which you'll put them Udon noodles (purchased from any old grocery store) and cook for about 3 mins

Then add the final touch; a generous dollop of peanut butter! Crunchy is the best, but you can still use smooth.

Stir the stirfry all around. I placed a chunk of ginger on the side of the plate in the pic to pay homage to my beloved ingredient that I love oh so much. I probably steeped it in some hot water and drank it later on.
Top it off with some Sriracha sauce if you so please and you're golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment