Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Falafel Flatbread Creation - Recipe
- pour a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- add some thin slices of red onion
- add about 2 average-sized mushrooms, chopped
- chop up some roasted red peppers, from a jar
- let these all get nice and tender without going too limp and lame. Throw in a dash of cumin for fun!
- In order to maintain a generally healthy recipe, we gotta skimp out on the 1/2 inch thick oil that the falafel mix from a box is going to have to sit in. Here's how I roll.
- 1/2 cup of falafel mix from a box
- 1/4 cup of water added to mix
- meanwhile, a small palm-sized puddle of olive oil in a skillet, heatin' up on the stove at medium-high heat
- flatten the falafel mix over the oil. Flip when you judge how cooked it is!
(heat oven to 300)
- 1/2 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp approx. hot water
- pinch of salt
- heated in a skillet with the dough about one inch thick, flip
- sprinkle one side with oregano
- throw in oven directly onto the oven rack and let 'er cook about 1 min on each side, or a little more if you want it crispy.
Place the falafel onto the flatbread creation (with the flatbread's oregano side up!) followed by the toppings, and add a generous dollop of the lovely homemade trazdiki.